Your baecation destination has been decided on and you are now wondering what to pack? First make a packing checklist so you will not leave anything behind. While working on this packing check list, take a look at our list and why we believe the below should be packed for your baecation.
Swimsuits and sunscreen
For the beach, poolside, island hopping or water sports, swimsuits are a must-have for you two. Though it is mad fun lying in the sun, would be a better option to apply some sunscreen before doing so.
For comfort, protection and to class up your outfit or to spy other guys without bae realising.
Trainers / Sneakers
Wherever you may find yourself, you should find the time to exercise (go for a run, hit the gym or do a bit of stretches). So, pack some trainers and workout outfits.
We all know beauty is pain but not on your baecation. Pack some really comfortable shoes for those days when you and bae wake up feeling adventurous.
Scented lotions and oils
These would be perfect for massages and just feeling each other out.
A board game, deck of cards or dating games may sound boring but think of all the many ways you can spice things up.
Capture all the beautiful moments, landscapes to create memories wherever you go. Or you can just use your phone if you feel a camera would be too bulky.
You may never know when they will come in handy. Pack some tissues, hand wipes and sanitizers.
Blankets and snacks
If your baecation is a roadtrip, would be great to bring a blanket for chilly nights on the road and some snacks to munch on.
Gift for bae
Whether the baecation is a special occasion or not, you would want to bring a small gift to say thank you or act as a reminder for the time you two spent on the trip.
Extra packing tips for her
When it comes to clothing, it would be great to pack simple but versatile basics into one bag that is if it is a weekend getaway. But as your baecation would be longer, you can include various other items. So. the below are must-haves for every woman on a baecation.
You will need;
- Day outfits for exploring (this could be trousers, shorts, t-shirt or shirts or blouses, flats, sunglasses, shoulder bag or crossbody purse).
- A date night out (slip or form fitting dress, low heels or wedges, clutch and a jacket) for a flirtatious evening.
- In addition to your swimsuits, you will need shorts or lacy cover-ups, flats, hat, tote or straw basket.
- Painting the town red, bar hopping etc., you will need pants with low heels and a classy top (sequins should be amazing with a jacket).
- Pick the right lingerie for each day / night. See-throughs, lace, anything sexy but not uncomfortable.
- Simple accessories or you can always go for those that make a statement. Depends on you and your destination.
It does not really matter where you go, makeup is a must pack for every woman. Just stick to the essentials – waterproof mascara and eyeliner, light foundation, lipstick and gloss, makeup remover and highlighter.
Usually on baecations, your man does most of the paying. He will take care of dinner, activities, transportation, shopping and souvenirs etc. Although you should expect this, it would be really nice of you to treat him to some really cool stuff and for unexpected money situations.
Extra packing tips for him
You may want to pack;
- Cool shorts or jeans and t-shirts for exploring during the day. Throw in a beach hat.
- Flats will come in handy when chilling by the poolside or lazing about at the beach.
- Pack shirts comfortable enough for sightseeing and/ or sharp for the evening.
- Pack several clean / new underwear. Yes! Something cool, fresh and most importantly clean.
- Do not forget to pack extra socks and really cool shoes or trainers for date nights or bar hopping.
- A jacket for when it is chilly or when she is chilly. Will score you some points.
NB: These are the essentials for a baecation but do not forget to bring any items that you would normally bring on a trip.